3 Days Till 3

Agallion

You guys are all so hyped up about Doom 3 and getting your new video cards, but I'll just keep my current system, my sense of safety (it looks pretty freaky peeps), and my aging but heavily modded Trek games. What's so special about Doom 3 anyway? Yeah it has good graphics, but it's just another gory FPS in a gaming world already filled with gory FPS. I mean, how many things can you shoot/hack/slash/kill before it gets old?

... You're kidding right? We're talking about DOOM III! Like, the third one after DOOM I. Nevermind...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are all so hyped up about Doom 3 and getting your new video cards, but I'll just keep my current system, my sense of safety (it looks pretty freaky peeps), and my aging but heavily modded Trek games. What's so special about Doom 3 anyway? Yeah it has good graphics, but it's just another gory FPS in a gaming world already filled with gory FPS. I mean, how many things can you shoot/hack/slash/kill before it gets old?

I am not hyped up about it. I was kinda excited to see it when I heard everyone talking how they were gonna have to upgrade to run it then I seen the system requirements for this game and I was completely dissappointed. I could have downgraded majorly and still be able to run this game fine so I am with you I don't see what all the fuss is about.

3 days till dooms 3

wow its really snuck up on us

still saying doom 3 release seems so far away even though it only 3 days away

better set aside about 5 gigs guys ^_^

i had made a poll concerning the game, and it seems the large majority of people are as excited as you:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/?showtopic=29153&hl=

Just buy it at Best Buy or another retailer with a similar price match policy. A week or two after it comes out it should be on sale for $10 or $15 less, then you take in your receipt and they pay you the difference. I did this with HomeWorld 2 and got I think $16 dollars back a week after it came out.

Edited by Duke Atreides

yea but your still not as cheap as yo momma...lol sorry couldn't resist. but seriously what is the point of paying $50 for a game when it first comes out when you can buy it for $30 a few months later.

Because its only $20 difference and you get to play it sooner.

Just buy it at Best Buy or another retailer with a similar price match policy. A week or two after it comes out it should be on sale for $10 or $15 less, then you take in your receipt and they pay you the difference. I did this with HomeWorld 2 and got I think $16 dollars back a week after it came out.

$10-15?!! LoL. Sorry, but i don't think most people here want to wait a year for it to get to that price.

Think a 9800pro 128mb could handle doom3?

yea of course it could. it will play it at high quality settings, but to play it at ultra high quality the reviews say you need a 512MB card which doesn't exist....YET! lol