Sign in to follow this  
hellagood

Opinions

Anybody ever use MGE? If so are they any good?They have that 500 watt for 58 bucks @ newegg. So any info good or bad will be appreciated! Thanks, hella

Edited by hellagood

I bought a MGE 600W SuperCharger PSU from Newegg but haven't taken it out of the box yet. It's for my folding farm so I'll be trying to drive 2 mobos off it. The Vigor is a step up from the SuperCharger line. Go to Vigor review for a review. They certainly look good on the outside and mine came with the ATX line sleeved and with SATA power connectors.

I'm going to hook mine up this weekend to a tester and look at the rails and I'll let you know what they look like.

It looks ok, but the review was very flawed. No use of a digital multimeter to measure voltages, no pics of the insides of the PSU, no listings of the amps on each rail, etc.

Just got the 450, this thing is awsome looking. Works pretty good so far and very quite. I will check the rails when I get my multimeter back from a friend, and let you know.

In my experience. When something cost $200 from company A, and the same product costs $50 from company B. There is a good reason.

If the $50 one worked why would anyone buy the $200 one?

In my experience. When something cost $200 from company A, and the same product costs $50 from company B. There is a good reason.

If the $50 one worked why would anyone buy the $200 one?

Same reason why name brand clothing is bought when it's three times the price of a non-name brand manufacturer.