Sign in to follow this  
Cyberfury

When I Was Bored At Work...

Hey! I found OCC last year in the summer actually at my summer job, and I used to pass my days reading the OCC forums (yes, I was THAT bored). Learned lots of useful stuff. I'm back at my summer job, but this time around I figured I'd actually sign up. I got a couple questions anyway that I'll post in the proper forums.

My rig is as follows:

Asus A7V8X-X mobo. I know it's maybe not the greatest, but it was cheap and works well for me!

AMD 2500+ Barton, 333FSB

512MB PC 2700 RAM (forget exactly...maybe it's PC 3200?).

Radeon 9800 Non-pro (never flashed it to the Pro, ran all games just fine as is, my 9800XT is on its way, this card is going in my girlfriend's computer).

Audigy 2

Antec 430W Truepower power supply

In terms of cooling, I got the DR. THERMAL TI-V77L HSF running, with ONE single solitary generic 120mm blue led fan front-bottom mounted, blowing up through the case. The only exhaust I have is through my power supply. Oh, I also have a fancy schmancy Vantec Nexus fan control/temperature monitor/USB/Firewire thingamig ( http://www.shoprbc.com/ca/shop/product_det...id=2166&cid=315 ). My puter runs a little toasty, mainly because it's summer right now and my "computer room" is about 25-30C most of the time.

All I use this thing for is GAMEEEEES! Weeee! Anyway, that's me.

Edited by Cyberfury

I would suggest two exhaust fans (at least 80mm) and two intake fans (at least 80mm) What thermal compound (if any) are you using? How is the wire management inside your case?

:withstupid: you NEED more than a single led fan... may as well make use of the fan controller eh? and i really don't know what the hs/f is... maybe get a new one?

I would suggest two exhaust fans (at least 80mm) and two intake fans (at least 80mm)
Edited by Cyberfury

Glad to have you around Cyberfury. Check out the [email protected] page and join our team. You'll automatically be entered into the free ram contest as soon as you submit a work unit.

post-84-1091063573.jpg

photo-4989.jpg

Have fun. :D

watch out for Kamikaze_Badger cos he might think you're a CyberFurry and then he'll get excited n stuff! :lol: