Hp Rig And The System Restore Discs

Duke Atreides

I'm trying to just start over with this comp (HP Pavilion 700) and use the system restore discs that came with the thing as the owner deleted some DLL's and screwed his comp. I can't get the thing to restore, it goes all the way through the menu screens until it says "are you really, really sure?" I say Yes and it just freezes, though the CD rom drive's light is on. I have even left the bleeding thing for an hour and came back--no change.

It is Win98 SE BTW

Thanks in advance for the help

OK.. ready for this.. Hit F8 when the computer is starting.. when you get the menu.. go to the choice, like.. Dos prompt only.. or somthing like that.. do this

format C:\*.*

or format C:\

forgot about dos.. can never remember.. its been year..

this will FORMAT your hardrive ..you will looz all your data.. forget about the restore cd.. put in you windows 98 cd. .and start the installation.. i think you just restart with the CD in the drive.. and choose the HD you formatted.. i think you can format through the instalation.. but it is easyer this way.. then just do a quick format.. and let 98 install.. dont know how accurate my info is becasue i have not installed 98 in a little over 3 years.. i think.. :P good luck. .PM me with questions..

UM.. there is no 98 disk? That is not so.. if you got a hp computer they supply the OS disk... ALWIES.. look for it.. it will prob say somthing like this in small text on the right of the cd

For the Reinstalation of the windows 98 OS

you MUST have A 98 disk.. otherwise your scerewed