Bloody Hell Thls Computer Blows

The antistatic bag that came with it in the box if you still have it or even just on the box it came in..... on something big and plastic? glass? I usually just dump mine on the box it came in... or a book... anything non conductive

EDIT: If it doesn't actually turn on I don't reckon he's gonna get a beep code outta it? :D

Edited by markiemrboo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean you'll never buy one again? You already have one, probably scattered all over your garden by now.

An old pc chips of mine that died when I tried to flash the BIOS got a pickaxe to it. Fun Fun FUN!

The antistatic bag that came with it in the box if you still have it or even just on the box it came in..... on something big and plastic? glass? I usually just dump mine on the box it came in... or a book... anything non conductive

EDIT: If it doesn't actually turn on I don't reckon he's gonna get a beep code outta it? :D

My point was if he has the mobo out of the case and he is fairly certain the PSU is good, then starting up with no RAM will pretty much point to the mobo if he gets no beep codes.

Hmm...this is slightly OT, but since it looks like HyperSonicSpirit's problem was dealt with (well...as best as could be under the circumstances) and because my friend had/has a similar problem...I was wondering, when problems like these do occur do they usually take out the processor with them? A short I mean...does a processor usually survive the ordeal?

I can't really comment on your choice in a system as I haven't messed with any of the amd chipsets, I might soon enough as this friend's probably going to need to replace some things...heh...he's the one with the money though. Best of luck on your new build though HSS.

Indeed, Biostar sucks balls. You see, I was hoping of upgrading my computer to;

GeForce 6800

480W PSU

Gigabyte GA-8NS or something Socket 754 mobo

athlon 64 3200+

2 SATA drives

I hope you all realize that NVidia lowered the requirements for the PSU on the 6800. You no longer need a 480 watt, people use 400 watts just fine with them.