Bloody Hell Thls Computer Blows

Alright, so I finally got fed up with my crap computer and decided to eBay it. So one day I decide to clear the CMOS. I start up to make sure it still works, and the computer powers up, BUT I have no video signal! So I order a GeForce 6800 and a 480W TT Xaser PSU. I plug up everything, press power, and lo and ****ing behold, the computer doesn't start up. I just spent $350 on hardware in hopes of getting this pile of crap to work, and now it doesn't. i'm not ****ing resting till I get this fixed. So does anyone know WHY THE **** this won't start up?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, Biostar sucks balls. You see, I was hoping of upgrading my computer to;

GeForce 6800

480W PSU

Gigabyte GA-8NS or something Socket 754 mobo

athlon 64 3200+

2 SATA drives

I divided this up into 3 months in purchases, rather than in one big go, to "save" money.

so anybody have an idea of what is a viable option? Prefferably something I can do for free and today?

Looks less like a peripheral problem, and more of a motherboard problem. Try taking the battery out of the motherboard, letting it sit for a few hours, putting the battery back in and firing it up. Make sure it's unplugged when you're letting it sit.

Edited by benjaminw

NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING turns on. Card's molex is good, power cable is good, panel connections are good... though I noticed that when I turned the PSU to I, I heard something and i saw the CPU fan slow down and stop, as if it had been given power for one brief moment. Maybe I got a **** PSU?

AND:

1. How would i go about powering it up with a screwdriver? Sounds like electrocution waiting to happen

2. How do I pop out the battery?

though I noticed that when I turned the PSU to I, I heard something and i saw the CPU fan slow down and stop, as if it had been given power for one brief moment.

that's EXACTLY what happened to my Tt 480W butterfly when there was a short in my system (cheapo fan controller)... i'd look for a short

and then unplug - replug your power and try again to reset it

I've unplugged the PSU around 4 times now...

Also, the PSU didn't come with the plugs my old PSU had for the fans (three pins) :(

And should I go ahead and take out the fan controller? I plugged it into some red wire leading into the PSU, so maybe that is the problem?