...install/stablity Probs...

Well awhile back as most of you know i hit 2.59ghz on my desktop 2600+ but i got a little crazy and pushed 2.62ghz ( :) lol )

anyway....currupted my OS... reinstalled fine...but when i even tryed to go too 2.2ghz it currupted my OS again... so i thought it was the HD....i replaced it ...brand new 40gb WD 7200RPM drive running now... ...Then i thought ram...Replaced it... new Kingston Hyper-X PC-4000 512Mb ram.....While i was replacing everything i went ahead and got a 9800 Pro :)...anyway...

I still cant get threw the full XP install now... i get to about 2% (on boot from CD) or maybe 11% then it locks up... I tryed 3 XP cds (dont ask) ... I tryed unpluging each CD-Drive thinking they were bad....there not. Anyway i need help...

If this doesnt fix i swear ill sell my W/C and everything and just build a new pc and not oc it...it so frustrating..

Did you kill your psu or cpu. It may have been the straw that broke the camels back. Do you have another Amd cpu to try getting you through the install of your O/S? :foldon:  :foldon:

i think my PSU is fine... I could get another CPU...but ehhh id have to get it from my dad (we have like 20 in the shop) and...idk i dont wanna bug him yet..

edit: funny thing is... different Cds freeze at different points... IDK i am thinking BOTH my CD-Drives are messed ...some water did get around places when i installed W/C....idk

It may have been the straw that broke the camels back.

Wow, is that the long version of "the last straw"?

i bet there's a whole story to it too and maybe you were around when someone invented eh pops! :D:P j/k

i bet there's a whole story to it too and maybe you were around when someone invented eh pops! :D:P j/k

nrg..thanks for the useful post bro..

well...... do you suppose...since we are talking about OCing here....

that maybe your FSB was shot up too high without the properly configuring the ratios?

I know HD's dont like it when they are overclocked.....ESP. the SATA drives.....

i mean when u went down to 2.2 maybe u forgot to change the ratios?

thats happend to me b4...then i realized doh...must fix haha....

It would be a shame if that was the problem after you just bought all those new toys....

AND P.S.....I have a WC, but wouldnt mind having another for my sisters so ummm....if your quitting on this computer....dont hesitate to make an offer to me for the WC haha ;)

well...... do you suppose...since we are talking about OCing here....

that maybe your FSB was shot up too high without the properly configuring the ratios?

I know HD's dont like it when they are overclocked.....ESP. the SATA drives.....

i mean when u went down to 2.2 maybe u forgot to change the ratios?

thats happend to me b4...then i realized doh...must fix haha....

It would be a shame if that was the problem after you just bought all those new toys....

AND P.S.....I have a WC, but wouldnt mind having another for my sisters so ummm....if your quitting on this computer....dont hesitate to make an offer to me for the WC haha ;)

...See but i REPLACED the HD and i jumped my CMOS like 20 times.. i just ruled out the CPU using some common logic (i can format and do everything else just fine) so it MUST be my CD-ROMs... I am not to sure... as the for W/C i am thinking about it cuz i think i am gonna need cash for meh car (i spent 285 on this w/c system..) PM me a offer tho...search around some theards in cooling and modding for specs...

aren't his always so useful? lol.....anywayz....when the install freezes are there any error messages, screen acting funny, noises? anything? I would try another cpu in there first to rule that out for sure. have you tried different IDE cables to your cd-roms?

sorry dude... but did you not think about trying some different cd-rom drives?

maybe the > 2v vCore wasn't such a good idea for yer cpu tho eh.... possibly an xp-m would sort everything out...

..Good News everyone w/ some spit... i cleaned the CD :) and it worked... well my first XP cd..and NP nrg i still love you ( in the most non-homosexual way possible mind you)

anyway... it worked i am installed 9800pro drivers as we speak... oh.. and idk if any of you read my post about me trying to at 5:6 ratio @ 220fsb.. to give me 547Ram speed but ill try that tonight and post some sandra scores for ya'll