Sign in to follow this  
hellagood

Kinda Ticked Off

My DFI died on me about 2 months ago right. So, I figure while i'm waiting for my bios chip to arrive I'll buy some new components. So, I bought a 36 gb raptor and a 9800 pro. Well, I finally get the time to put it all together. I go into bios and try to adjust some things. To my surprise I can't adjust the multi and I don't have any sata option. what the heck :unsure: They sent my a bios chip for the DFI NFII 400-AL, I have the 400 ULTRA-AL. So, I'm back to the drawing board. I lost the number that I had for a MR. FRANK WONG, a DFI techie. He was great other than the fact they sent me the wrong chip If anybody has his # please let me know!! Thanks guys. Hopefully in a week or 2 I have a decent machine up and running. Can't wait to see what I got under the hood ;)

My DFI died on me about 2 months ago right. So, I figure while i'm waiting for my bios chip to arrive I'll buy some new components. So, I bought a 36 gb raptor and a 9800 pro. Well, I finally get the time to put it all together. I go into bios and try to adjust some things. To my surprise I can't adjust the multi and I don't have any sata option. what the heck :unsure: They sent my a bios chip for the DFI NFII 400-AL, I have the 400 ULTRA-AL. So, I'm back to the drawing board. I lost the number that I had for a MR. FRANK WONG, a DFI techie. He was great other than the fact they sent me the wrong chip If anybody has his # please let me know!! Thanks guys. Hopefully in a week or 2 I have a decent machine up and running. Can't wait to see what I got under the hood ;)

Well just download the new BIOS. That current BIOS chip is I am sure the same size (MB wise) and it's flashable...so just flash the right BIOS to it.

Not Frank, but here is the email of Angry Games.. (Travis)..he is DFI tech support and runs the dfi_street.com website....

[email protected]

He should be able to set you up...

Sorry about the mix up...

Try flashing again in the meantime... use Awdflash and try the /f switch...

worth a try

Crap happens. I am quite impressed with there tech support though. I called frank and left a msg. He got back to me in 20 minutes. 2 days later I had the chip, to bad it was the wrong one. Hopefully this will be just as painless. I just emailed Travis. Thanks for the info EX. Hey, it's been a coupe of days since I sent that email. How prompt is this guy Travis? Any other things I can try?

Edited by hellagood