Getting A New Case, Lian Li Pc65

Personally I wouldn't have the balls to take a knife to a lian-li case. heh. But that's just me.

Mods huh...

Well I'd say widen all those air holes, as much as everyone says Lian-Li cases run cool... I do not agree with that... They do look beautiful though.

Stealth drives (definitely)

Personally I wouldn't have the balls to take a knife to a lian-li case. heh. But that's just me.

Mods huh...

Well I'd say widen all those air holes, as much as everyone says Lian-Li cases run cool... I do not agree with that... They do look beautiful though.

Stealth drives (definitely)

Very good point, they are like a "Mona Lisa" aren't they ?

For starters, please cut out the stock fan grills on the rear exhaust/top blowhole. Those stock fan grills are very restrictive on airflow. Next I would remove the front foam air filter assembly as it also restricts airflow; the foam air filter really doesnt do jack anyways(you will see when u get it). Just take a look at my case located here for some ideas.

For starters, please cut out the stock fan grills on the rear exhaust/top blowhole. Those stock fan grills are very restrictive on airflow. Next I would remove the front foam air filter assembly as it also restricts airflow; the foam air filter really doesnt do jack anyways(you will see when u get it). Just take a look at my case located here for some ideas.

I like it, I do keep hearing about the need for a window panel fan. What do you think about it? I do like those "stealth drives" too.

Windows panel fans are really easy to do. I think a big 120mm on the side would be awesome for airflow.

I agree, that will be the first mod(120mm) soon as I get the fan...lol any recommendations?

I wouln't see any problem with adding a fan on the window. With my setup I have an extra intake fan on the bottom of the case. The stealth drives are mainly just for looks, but they do look good though.

any recommendations?

If u want bling-bling led fans I would go for something of less than 35dbA. If u want standard looking fans I definately go with Panaflo.

Edited by lilkev715

If your going to mod the sidepanel, put it near the bottom, not directly over the CPU or something, it doesn't look very well. Take your time cutting the plexi, you dont want to crack it. If you mess up, try to find a sidepanel from voyeur mods, they are awesome, or you can buy a window with the fan hole already in it.

Be careful when cutting plexi-it melts very easily. I screwed up my window drilling 2 120mm holes in it, and after that I just forked up the $25 to have a shop do it. It'll probably be cheaper to have a shop cut it than to buy a hole saw (if you can even find one).

Be careful when cutting plexi-it melts very easily. I screwed up my window drilling 2 120mm holes in it, and after that I just forked up the $25 to have a shop do it. It'll probably be cheaper to have a shop cut it than to buy a hole saw (if you can even find one).

I've got the holesaw, should I tape around the edge of the hole before cutting?