If You Had The Money

Krondo

Ok, lets say money wasn't an issue...

I'm not up to date on the best of the best, but I need to get a new computer. I will be building it myself, and I need some input. The only thing I need to you keep in mind is I want agp.

K..

Remember this computer will be used ONLY for gaming.

Use your knowledge, and anything you might have read to answer these questions.

1.) What's the Best motherboard out there... how much? What processor will fit on it?

2.) Pent4 or 64bit amd?

3.) ATI or Nvidia.... x800 or 6800

4.) Agp or Pci Express? I say agp all the way.

5.) That's it man, I have everything else.... 1tb h.d., and 2 gigs ddr pc4300 hyperx

and..... liquid cooling, or are there some bad . fans and cases out there?

I'm sorry for the stupid questions, but all I do is game... that's it.

I just want this new computer to be kick . for years to come, and to rip through Hl2, Doom3, Quake4, Farcry, Farcry2, Unreal3, and CS:S.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh don't get me started :D

GIGABYTE "GA-K8NSNXP-939" nForce3 Ultra

Athlon 64 FX-53, 1MB L2 Cache

6800 GT

PCI-E

PCI Express is faster than AGP... Though they do make the x800 for AGP if I'm not mistaken ;)

EDIT: My mistake 6800 Ultra... forgot about that one.... whoops :smack:

"lets say money wasn't an issue"

you'd have dual 6800 ultras hooked up in SLI config with a Mach II each...

if all you do is game, maybe you should actually set a realistic budget... because you could just go crazy putting together a system that cost $100,000 or more if you wanted...

edit: even if i had all the money in the world, i still wouldn't dirty myself on Macs... G5 or otherwise :P

I would have the virginia tech supercomputer made of all g5's ... the cream of the crop :D

How bout we have Team OCC shove the "cream of the crop" up where the sun dont shine..... lol

well.. you cant connect pc's together in clusters to make a supercomputer.. apples are so easy when it comes to this.. we have 50 g5's in our school all connected using infinity band like virgina tech and its 100 x faster then any pc.. i would just like that system because it is so fast and amazing.. 10.3 tf of proformance.. but if i had all the money in the world.. i would not only have that..

i would have the TOP pc. .whatever that is..

something crazy like a custom manufactured workstation version of the quad opteron mobos... i dunno, maybe the server one's work fine as workstation pc's...

i think to be called a super computer it has to put out 500 tf's.... i want a SGI atlas server.... i think thats what its called... something like 64 itanium2;s in it.... bah i want i want

Edited by IoDd64

Are all of you guys forgetting about Cray Supercomputers?

i don't think i could be bothered with the space it takes up and general maintenance...

heh, could you even put an AGP card in it? :lol:

if I had the money. I would bother with building the most super computer possible. I would just simply build the most computerized house ever filled with lots and lots of the best gaming rigs neatly installed and set up in places like the hot tub haha. and oh yes I have a big imagination. lol