Moniter Troubles..

Psywar

Cant figure this out.. I am at muh girls place right now..

Her moniter keeps going out.. like.. its still on the light is green.. but the screen goes balck.. and comes on when ever it feels like it..

It first started last year when she attended college.. I was thinking.. it might be lack of power to the rooms..

So I took it home.. and ran it for 2 days strait.. dident go out on me.. SO im thinking.. its gotta be a power issue..

So i take it back to her college.. said.. well it worked 2 days strait for me..

pluged it in.. windows booted.. whent black.. im like what the heck...

So now she moved to her apt.. and I know this has nuff power and its doing it.. im thinking.. its gotta be an issue.. between the moniter and the comp.. right? cuz it worked fine on my machine..

I just cant think of what the issue could be..

I thought it was video cards.. she had a 32mb tnt rage.. so I took it out n put in my old d00 d00 3 card.. and its stilldoing it..

any ideas?

So pretty much you get picture blackout after warm up I would think that is the CRT Board could have some cold solder connections??? I am sure you have taken the cover off and VERY carfully looked at the cord connections? could be heating up on the connector and not making good connection after it expands? seems weird that it works on yours and not on hers

Have you tried your monitor on her system??

I take it this is a newer model without a degauss switch

I took the moniter to my house.. not the PC..

and the Moniter worked just fine..

I have not tryed hooking mine up to her PC.. I guess I never thought of that..

How would I work on the sync rate d3?

thanks yoda.. if I cant get it though a hardware issue.. I will take the cover off n find out..

It's not a bad monitor... reason for that is it works hooked up to another computer just fine, but plug it back into her computer and it's fuxx0red.

It's something with the gfx card most likely....

To change the sync/refresh rate - Display Properties > Advanced > Monitor > Refresh Rate... Set it to 60 Hz if it's not.

Also, try updating your drivers for the vid card, and monitor if possible.... What gfx card does she have?

Graphics card is my old Voodoo3 3000 32mb ram..

I got the current drivers for it..

Ill get the newest moniter drivers.. and I will check the refresh rate...

thank you all for da help.. i will keep ya posted..

If anyof u can think of anything else.. i will be sure to try it..

I have some questions.

1) When the screen goes black is the computer locked and you have to reboot?

2) Can you move the mouse and the screen comes back?

3) Have you set the Screen Refresh to default?

4) Are you in certain apps like say MS Word or Another app that applies a ALL white screen when it goes black. Like when she is writting a paper?

No the computer is not locked if u give it about 15 mins.. turn the moniter back on its right back to were u left it when it shut off..

no you cannot move the mouse to make it come back on .. i wish it was just a simple standby issue.. but its not..

I had the refresh rate set at optimal..but recently just changed it to 60 hz

If im typing in notepad it will go out on me still.. I was installing sygate eariler today and it went out on me.. had to wait for the moniter to want to turn back on and I finished it...

The screen likes to flicker before it shuts off a few times..

and im getting pretty pissed.. its not the video card cuz I just replaced it.. and it did the same thing..

I think its time for a new moniter :)

The reason I asked about the Word thing is that its makes the monitor use ALL White. White is the Hottest/Highest Watt usage color.

So if your typing in word or so for a while and it goes out, it is probably do to overheating.

The White is like when we run are CPUs or GPUs under Full Load.

So I am thinking that yea a new monitor is a good idea.

I would attach your monitor to her computer first though and double check that really fixes the problem before spending the cash..

Let us know how things turn out.