Sign in to follow this  
Vic Mackey

Cooling An Amd 3200+

Hello everyone. I recently moved my components into an Antec Super Lanboy case and im still having temperature problems. its at 50C when it just sits there. not sure how high it goes when im in game. I have the BIOS set up to shut off the computer if i get to 60C so it must not be getting that high but 50C is higher then i want it. i used artic silver and have a Thermaltake Extreme Volcano 12. i used the included fan controller and turned it on maximum and its still that high. i also have the 2 included 120mm fans that came with the Super Lanboy. they are running at about 1600-2000k rpm. is that too low? i dont have them on controller should i get one? is this a good controller, http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-999-129&depa=0

Would you recommend lapping the heatsink? Ive NEVER done that before. how will i know if its level?

Edited by Vic Mackey

First thing I would check is your vcore, make sure it is set to normal. Then make sure the heatsink is mounted and sitting on the die properly. It does take about 200hrs for the artic silver to set in. I lapped my volcano 12 and I got a 10-12c drop in temps so well worth it. How is your case fans set up? Intake from the front and side and exhaust through the back and top.

Does your cpu temp always stay around 50C even right after bootup? If so it could be a faulty temp sensor. What is your ambiet temp?

take you side panel off if temps drop its your case cooling. if they stay the same its the heatsink. i have the first lanboy and temps never go below50c even using the best air cooling. also try and reseat the h/s and use a very thin layer of AS

no my cpu doesnt start at 50C. it will get that high after after a few minutes. ill try taking the case side off and see what that does. my case has 1 120mm fan at 1600-2000rpm in the front and 1 120mm fan(1600-2000rpm) at the rear. There is no top or side mounted fans. Ive never done anything with tools before so I dont know if I could cut my case correctly or not...