Sign in to follow this  
DECwakeboarder

So Many Nf7 Boards

I'm gone for a day or two and look what happens? :P

The NF7-S Rev. 2 is the best NF7 verison IMO. It supports Firewiree (IEEE 1394) and has the nVidia Soundstorm which I find amazing as well as SATA. Then, there is the NF7-S which was the first model NF7 with SATA. It lacks Soundstorm and kinda sucked. Rev 2 is great thou.

The NF7-S2 is the AN7 withou nGuru crap, which I wouldn't recommend using any way. The NF7-S2G just has Gigabit LAN.

All in all, the NF7-S Rev 2. (standard NF7-S on NewEgg) is your best bet.

Additionally, from a quick :google: I also noted the apparent lack of NB cooling on the NF7-Sg2 :blink:

Actually both the NF7-S2 and the NF7-S2G have both north and south bridge passive :( coolers...

So really the only difference between the NF7-S and the NF7-S2 is the the original comes with intregrated firewire? If so, my free firewire pci card is gonna save me about $20 on a new mobo.

The NF7-S has a PCI bracket that allows you to have an extra 2 USB 2.0 ports and a firewire port, its not actualy integrated into the mobo.

here are 2 things about the new nf7-s2 also doesnt have support for multi adjusments and there isnt anything below cas 2.5 for the ram click here if this cant be posted here please remove read 2nd post