Sign in to follow this  
DECwakeboarder

So Many Nf7 Boards

Alright so I was lookin on Newegg today for a new mobo (mine is pretty sh!tty) and I came across the NF7 and the NF7-S, ok so thats nothing new. But then there was the NF7-S2 and the NF7-S2G. Anyone know what the differences are? And which one should I buy?

well lets see....nf7-s2 has 10/100m lan and the nf7-s2g has aGbE LAN for onborad lan and i would go with nf7-sg cuz of the gbe lan but the nf7-2ver2 has 1394 port and the nf-7 is just a stander bord so it depend on you though.

The only difference is the -G has gigabit LAN.

IMO, not worth it, as you'll need a gigabit router to handle it and its not cheap to do.

Yeh trust us NF7-S user's on this one, most areas of north america arent even compatible with high speeds unless you got a gigabit router which devil mentioned.

the nf7-s2 has the Supports IEEE 1394a at 100/200/400MB/s transfer rate and nf7-s doesnt and shervin2 thats a good adivce you gave

the nf7-s2 has the Supports IEEE 1394a at 100/200/400MB/s transfer rate and nf7-s doesnt and shervin2 thats a good adivce you gave

Ok, so if the NF7-S2 is better and has more features, then why is it cheaper than the NF7-S?

Ok so far the only difference I found is that the NF7-S has firewire built in and Nvidia Soundstorm but the NF7-S2 dropped both...Also, correct me if Im wrong but the chipsets are also different... Now I think I may just go with a AN7 but I dont know what I will do....need money first tho, lol

Quoting akapurvis: "the nf7-s2 has the Supports IEEE 1394a at 100/200/400MB/s transfer rate and nf7-s doesnt and shervin2 thats a good adivce you gave"

I think you got your boards backwards bud...but it got me to look into it more because I did too to start with

ha ha ha ok now that you said about the an7 i think it it's better now that i look at the Detailed Specifications it has the better detailed

Additionally, from a quick :google: I also noted the apparent lack of NB cooling on the NF7-Sg2 :blink:

Ultra 400 chipset is the same as AN7, though no mention of iGuru on the new revision...