Remote control computer

I was hope we can toss some ideas on how to do this around. Then I am planning on writting an article on it.

First, how to get a reciever that runs on the same frequency as a TV remote.

Secound, how to get the reciever to trigger the power supply and turn on the computer.

Any ideas, input?

Guest FreakyDrOverclock

sure - it can be done!

(btw: kewl idea!!!)

perhaps you need a basic-stamp (little 3x5 cm cpu&board, 8pin interface, basic-programmable, eeprom) and a ir-receiver-led...

then all you have to do is to find out the frequences / codes for the different commands

• 1 month later...
Guest FreakyDrOverclock

some radio-shacks got them

or try some universitys ord computer-scools - even if they don't give you one they can help you buy one and help you programm it

• 3 weeks later...

just a queston, but what is the POINT? you need to go over to your computer and type and use the mouse anyways...(unless you have optical mosue and keyboard which suck). It sounds cool but it's not worth the time nor the money...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a packard bell remote, only bad thing is I can't get XP to use the old drivers for the remote! ??? Remote.jpgnot my pic but same thing. Ebay about $15  Nice remote, just wont turn on the pc without some mods (powered recieving unit perhaps hooked to a Wake on Lan).

• 2 weeks later...