Phear

Dasterdly

And I thought Shaq was going to be a Laker for life....What a traitor....<_< :P

All because of the drama between Jackson, Bryant and him. They should have fixed it (Kobe and Shaq) instead of having one of them leave. Its a shame...

Atleast Kobe just signed a 130 million dollar deal for 7yrs with LA. Now we just need a good center for the team. :unsure:

Funny, I don't watch much basketball, but I was watching ESPN for Tour de France update and they showed a graph of Laker victories with Kobe and Shaq together and alone. Kind of surprising. This is a paraphrase of the graph:

The primary reason for Shaq leaving was because of the owner and GM of the Lakers shafting him and not being up front with him.

Miami however, I wouldn't say unstoppable, but they definitely upgraded this off-season.

Shaq is somewhat old in NBA terms, but think of it this way. He has a lot less competition in the East. He won't have to battle against San Antonio, Dallas and Sacramento as much during the season, and won't have to go through them in the playoffs. He'll get a lot less mileage on him this year. He won't get fatigued playing difficult teams prior to the finals (except Detroit). He is aging a bit, but won't have as much wear and tear on him either.