AMD vs. Intel

It irks me a little when large corporations take last season's technology, package/bundle it... then sell it off as current leading edge gear, misrepresentation or what? :angry:

615328[/snapback]

Actually, if you look at DELL nowadays they have uptodate technology, i dont think they rip you off anymore ( not as much as they used to ), if you look @ their XPS system, you can see 1.5tb,SLIrdy etc for around 1500? isnt that really an 'ultimate gaming machine'? :P

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gateway used to come and go in the AMD desktop world. but now that Emachines (icky icky icky icky) is calling the shots, what ever is CHEAPER (suprised they arent' using only celerons / semprons in thier high end rigs) is what will be in them

Gateway has just recently started putting AMD's in their desktops. Their laptops have had them for quite some time now.
As bigred said, Gateway goes back and forth. Like 3-4 yrs ago they made some AMD rigs, then they stopped after being threatened by intel, but eventually came back with AMD.

• 8 months later...

Since the topics usually come up once a month (if not more often) Matt and I have decided to post a pinned thread to discuss "AMD vs. Intel".

This thread will be heavily watched, and the forums rules will be strictly enforced for this thread.

So, if you would like to discuss why you like AMD or Intel, feel free to talk about it here. Messages that contain flames, bashing, personal attacks, or anything else that violates the OCC Rules will be deleted.

Please see the Notice to Members and OverclockersClub Rules before posting to this thread.

Well personaly i don't see a dig enough real differance to buy one or the other. I would by a amd over a intel chip most likly sence they are most of the time cheaper and i'm one poor bastard. if i had any amount of money i would probuly compair each product back to back not the whole brand sence one brands in my opinion could have more of what i want then the other but then at a diffrent time it could be the other way around.

intel one day amd the other. I'm no expert but there is my opinion.