AMD vs. Intel

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To think I use to put up with the end users bellyaching for 2.5 years (yes I did phone support the blue). I really felt like saying "go build your own". Though HP really isn't that good in building PC's, 90% of the problems that I encountered over the phone were user based.

Wow Intel is really screwing people. It doesn't work with XP Home, it doesn't work well at all to begin with...:P

I would rather blame M$, they're the ones gaining extra revenue from peeps upgrading to Pro...after all, you can now get procs as low as 2.4 with HT, so why hasn't M$ sorted out Home Edition?

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

i dunno bout you but my home has full dual support the task manager even allows me to assign certai processes to certain cpu's but if home really dosnt like dual cpu's then i might get pro instead

I would rather blame M$, they're the ones gaining extra revenue from peeps upgrading to Pro...after all, you can now get procs as low as 2.4 with HT, so why hasn't M$ sorted out Home Edition?

why should MS have to sort out XP Home?? XP Home isn't meant for the hardcore crowd. Most people here should be using XP Pro, not Home, as should any gamer. XP Home is for the "home user", like the family with 8 year old that plays barbie-crap and educational games. They don't need HT. That companies are selling pre-builts with HT and Home, is not MS's fault, but rather their fault, so blame them, not MS.

Lastly,

smilies-10215.png

I can't find a storein Toronto that has it for less than $499 for the full version, or $299 for the upgrade. I paid $150 for an XP Home upgrade, and installed it directly from that. I didn't have to mess around with FAT32 to NTFS conversion or anything. :D