9700 Pro Kicks Gf4 4600 Butt!

Citation4444

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...I will just say that I when an EQUIVALENT NVidia chipset comes ut, it will be superior. It just seems to play out that way. OF course for these coming months, for the performance freak, the 9700 is essential, but should be overshadowed by the GF5. My reasoning for thinking that ATi rushed this is because the Radeon 8500 128 MB came out after the GF4 Ti4600 and it was still slower. So, experimentally, when you consider that ATi produces a slower card that is newer, whe nthey produce a card before NVidia there will be an even larger performance gap, but Radeons do overclock well. I am just saying that NVidia seems to be the performance company, while ATi is the quality company. I just think that when past experiences are considered, NVidia seems to come out with faster chips across the board.

nv 30 will own everything tho.. even if it comes out late.. and than ATi will make a new card and they will like compete forever.. unless one gives up..

but I think the longer nvidia takes time to test and make things better for nv30 the better it will be, the cooler it will be. :blink:

But wait I thought you were getting a 9700 bosco? HA that is true d3 that is bs that they advertise dysfunctional AGP 8X. For its specs, it doesn't do too much though. Like a beter Parhelia I guess. I would go GF5 instead.

There's a shortage of them should have it soon. <_>

>>>My reasoning for thinking that ATi rushed this is because the Radeon 8500 128 MB came out after the GF4 Ti4600 and it was still slower.  So, experimentally, when you consider that ATi produces a slower card that is newer...<<<

The 8500 was launched in October '01, the GF4 series of cards were launched Feb '02. The 128M version of the 8500 wasn't a new card, per se, but a bandaid applied to the original 8500. When the 8500 64M was launched last Oct, the competition was the GF3 Ti500 at the time.

I certainly will not argue that the nv30 won't beat the 9700 Pro as I'm sure it will. But then ATI will leapfrog them right back, and the game will be continue. We are the ones who will benefit from this, as nVidia hasn't had this type of pressure on them for too long. A little competition is good and will get us consumers better cards faster and cheaper.

Bah, stop the flame war. As long as whatever you have is good enough to run current games at decent to high level graphics settings, you have nothing to complain about.

Now, if you were arguing, saying "Well, but you CAN'T run this game on your card, and I can on mine", then you'd have a good point. But both the Ti4600 and ATI 9700 can run anything out there right now, with all the graphical settings cranked up. So quit your whining. :angry:

if nv30 doesnt comout b4 christmas.. yea ati will be a way head of Nvidia.. so nv30 should come out soon or it will never be better than ati 9700.

But on the other hand the longer they take to build it, the better it will be, but more people will buy ati products if it doesn't come out soon

Why would I be mad I was defending GeForces as better gaming cards? Anyway you can run about anything on a basic GF2 so unless you really care this doesn't matter and all i will say is that if you are saying that the 9700 will run something that the 8500 or GF4 Ti4600 you are full of crap unless you mean DirectX 9 Beta, but no programs can't be run on the 8500 or 4600. Are you sure that the 64 MB 8500 has the same clock speeds I am not, but still the GF4 came out in 128 MB first. Yeah so in my opinion the only way ATi can become the gamer's brand is if they can crank out a new chipset before the NV30, because then NVidia is gone, but that is unlikely.