A7n8x Deluxe 2.0 Question

I have an A7N8X and I just picked up 2x512 of Corsair PC3500 bh-5 ram. Right now I'm running it by SPD at 200mhz dual channel mode. I flashed to the newest BIOS (1007), but I'm still having issues.

I want to put my FSB and RAM at at least 217, 218mhz giving me DDR433 ram like I should have. Right now I'm using a 2600+ (11x200), so the FSB probably isn't feasible at the moment, but the RAM should be able to get that high. Does anyone have this board with RAM over 217? I booted at 205 FSB/RAM and the next lowest I tried was I believe 210 and it didn't even go to POST.

If I get an NF7-S or DFI Infinity will I have these same problems or are these boards capable of higher FSBs and RAM speeds? I've heard of people getting 250 FSB, and I assume the RAM is by SPD. I know my RAM is capable of these speeds and beyond.

I'm looking to get a mobile chip, but I don't want to waste my time if I can't get my RAM to reach those speeds on an nforce2 board. I turned the FSB down to like 182 and put the RAM at 120% making it run at 218 and I didn't get to POST.

Should I look into a different board or what? Is it dual channel mode that is causing me problems? Any help would be useful at this point. <_< Thanks in advance.

Rich

I have PCB rev 2.0 as far as I know so MY latest BIOS is 1007. I think it all depends on which A7N8X board you have. I was on asus.com and the newest for the A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 is BIOS rev 1007. I'm sure I could be wrong, but that's the way I interpreted rev 2.0 vs rev 1.04, 1.06, etc.

Rich

Thanks for clearing that up.

Shadowfactor: What motherboard would I need to achieve those speeds? Most people use the Infinity by DFI or the NF7-S by Abit as you know, I'm sure. Would I be able to achieve DDR433 speeds and beyond with one of these two boards (without modification)? I've seen it done, I am just not sure how. I figured my board was a no go, but are these other nforce2 boards capable of these speeds? Any input would be great. Thanks

Rich

try this...

that board shouldnt have a prob reaching a 217 fsb.. first off all is that 2600+ with a locked multi? if youre trying 217x11 @ 2.38 - tough to achieve on air cooling. if you can change the multi, try lowering it to 9 or 10 with the 217 fsb. also it is recommended that you run your fsb / mem async, so try to adjust you ratio to 100%(a7n8x bios)

Edited by soke73