Buying A Car

Bionix

Ok, my friend is selling his 2000 cavalier, it has 73k miles on it. It's a manual w/ a 2.4 L v4. Cd Player and a few nice various mods on it. He wants 4k for it, thats what he bought it for, but he put like 2 grand into it. I hear cavaliers are pieces of crap though?

I'm almost looking to buy this Mustang::

There are two for sale in my area

Onei s a 99, with 99k miles on it. Auto Transmission and completely loaded inside. Asking price = 7k

The other is a 98, with 93k miles on it. Manual transmission. It's lin excellent condition as well and loaded inside. Asking price = 5.1k

Both have a 3.8 L V6 engine.

I obviously want the mustang more, but I'm a little short on cash. If I hear good things about the cavalier im gonna go for it, otherwise ill keep saving for the mustang.

Well, they're two different classes of car there. The Cavalier is a compact (and not all that good of one) and the Mustang is obviously a sports car. Between the two Mustangs, it's more up to you. Do you want auto or manual? Do you want all kinds of factory options or do you want to select some after-market ones?

If you're not looking for a flashy car I would suggest looking around for the best deal.

For example the car I'm driving now is a '94 Dodge Shadow 4dr with the 2.5L engine. No rust anywhere.

I only paid $300 for the car. How I got it so cheap was the transmission was slipping like a greased eel on ice and he didn't want to fool with it.

I took off the pan and drained the SLUDGE out of the trans. I sprayed WD40 to get the rest of it cleaned up. I then put in a new filter and bolted it all back up and put new fluid in. Works like a champ. Since then I've put at least 3000 miles on the car. :D

All I've had to do is the work on the trans, replace wires, plugs, roter and roter cap and those shock thingies for the hatch-back.

So for a grand total of $400 I have a pretty sharp looking little car that gets great gas mileage. :D

So look around and see what kind of deals you can find.

BTW I have a '93 Plymouth Sundance with the 2.2L engine that needs new tires and gets over 30MPG in the city for sale for $300...I'm in Charlotte, NC, anyone interested? ;)

Edited by stitch_626

The honda civic was recently voted #1 for first car. I dunno if that's your thing though. You could probably get a decent used one for about 3k if you look hard enough.

btw i feel like being a punk so im gunna show u a pic of my first car

K, ill take a look. I almost hink my parents wouldnt let me buy a v8, knowing I would probobly do something stupid. My dad is a lawyer, so arguing with him is hopeless =D

EDIT:

Yeah, I looked at civics..... it's just that evvveryone has them =\

Maybe ill look into acuras though, i like the 2dr integra

Heh it sucks when one of your parents are a lawyer.... Does it work the same way for you as it does for me? Lawyers... you hate their guts until you need them.... hehehehe

I just bought a 95 Taurus with the 3.3l 24v SHO engine for 4.5k.... it only had 80k on it! It does have the 5 spd manual but i dont mind having a manual... I like those better anyway. It gets decent milage ( like 22/25 or something like that) and it runs like new.

my first car was a '89 Chevy Corsica hatchback pos! 250$ from my Grandpa, Now I drive a '93 Nissan Skyline i paid 500$ for. Maybe one day i'll spend real money on a car :P oh yeah...don't buy a Ford, Cavaliers are pretty decent cars.