In Vs. Out Air

well my new case has 12 vantec tornados + water cooling! beat that!

man , they wore u out :lol:

at least they dident say it sucks :O

Edited by dling

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't actually believe he has 12 tornados and water cooling... i reserved what i think of this idea because i'd probably get bollocked for it off the mods...

lol i rele do have them :P 12 tornados + water cooling..

too bad i dun have a camera.. its a sick case..

my olny Q: is why ? :blink:

seems a little (alot) much.

you guys have the pressure wrong. its supposed to be more back pressure, the more cold air is being inducted into the intake fans. with less pressure moving out of the case, theres more warmer air going in.

It works sorta like the when you open the door in a cold building, and its hot outside. you feel all the cold air being sucked out.

sorta like pressure in your car thats how come they don't use a big intake, with it moving from a bigger pipe to a smaller one, it creates more sucktion of air, resoluting in my colder air being inducted into the car. oppose to plenty of more air, but having it warmer. sense cars benifiet from colder air. and i beleive so does the computer.

thats how come you see these retail computers, like HP, and Compaq with and ALIENWARE with more outtake fans then intake.

To simple physics it would seem you would have better cooling with more induction fans. but really it isn't according to the law of.. how things work in the world.

But the one set up that image shows will probly work good, even though it has more intake fans and less outake. simply because it is blowing air straight onto the motherboard, nearly where the processor is. where the motherboard gets hot. and that probly shows an improvement.

But say if your going to have 3 front intake fans , and 2 outtake fans, with no side fan. you might want to do the Alienware, and HP, and Compaq airflow designs. because your not going ot get as much performance, as if you had a fan blowing right onto the motherboard to cool it off.

But to the overclocker... i guess looks typicaly wins over performance.... i know that LED fans and Cold Cathodes produce more heat inside the case, and rounded cables produce more heat then regular ribbon cables(website reviews claim that having rounded cables improve airflow inside the case, and then some hardware reviews claim they add more heat because they are rounded, and rounded cables are the old style way of making the IDE cables and they changed to ribbon so there would be less heat). But lets admit it.... sure looks kewl doesn't it?

iam not exactly sure if they are hotter or not. i just read that the older IDE's are rounded and generated more heat. And they moved to the ribbon style to reduce the heat.

BUt rounded are becoming popular in the OC world, probly because they look better and they can be UVed.

I know i got 2 of my rounded cables from xoxide and one from occomputers(some website like that.. i remember i found it on pricewatch.com and i also ordered my sapphire radeon 9800 pro from there) But i don't really notice if they created more heat or not inside my case. I just know they look a hell of alot better.

BTW, sorry if about my typing in my last post. i wrote that before i went to sleep, and didn't have time to read over it. Iam sure you guys know what i was talking about.

it is amazing that whenever this question comes up it turns into 4, 5, or 6 pages of answers....

What i have found is for cooling there really is no correct answer....

each case is different, and each computer is different, test it to see....

in my F@H only cases, I just use one exhaust...on my main rig I have slightly more pressure going in....

you just need to test...

some people feel that pressure in, helps force dust out,....haven't found that...

just test your own system, use a temp probe and have fun...

Now... where in the Heck is my coffee cup!?!