Newbie Question...

I was just wondering, what exactly a shroud was. I keep looking around for it, and from what i gather its some kind of case for a radiator...but there are no clear definitions of it :-/ so i was wondering if someone could fill me in, and maybe give me a link to one on some website.

Ashroud is used to direct the air from your fan onto the Radiator... and lift the fan away from the radiator allowing better airflow.....

http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageA...PROD&ProdID=116

Mounting the fan directly on the rad creates turbulance which hampers the airflow and creates noise...

oh, another question......

i wanted to get a prescott CPU. I was just wondering, would that require a special type of CPU block so that the CPU block would fit into the CPU area, or is it the same size as a 478?

Also, for CPU blocks, which brand would you suggest? i heard that swiftech are the best, but everyone seems to give links to the D-tek site. Hmm....

Edited by DrAwesomePhD

well...with EVERYTHING (tubing, additives, shipping...) i want to keep it $300 or below

also want to get a GPU block for my new video card (eitehr the x800 XT or the nvidia one....) unless you wouldnt suggest removing the stock cooling

Edited by DrAwesomePhD

thanks for the links guys. I read through the entire first one (not a very fast reader), i think im going to check out what he suggested. However, i have a few more questions that aroused. First of all, the mentioned "submerging" the pump, does thatmean that the pump is supposed to be placed in the reseviour? If so, would the cylindrical resivours fit inside a full tower?

Also - how long would be estimated for a sufficiant length of tubing, enough so i wouldnt have to worry about running out.

Edited by DrAwesomePhD