Battelfeild Vietnam Problems

Vampire

This is the only game where this happens to me, it seems I get low FPS even on medium settings in the game. I dont have AA/AF enabled (and if I do, you all know what happens <_< )

Im using the Cat 4.5's (my favourite) and the system in my sig. I just cant understand, Battlefield 1942 worked at over 100FPS on maxed settings, yet vietnams graphics look similar, but run at like 30 FPS :(

Anyone have any clues as to why this is happening? I hear that people with like 9600 pros can play it at maxed settings, this doesnt seem right for a computer than can get over 20k 3dmark 01 and 6.5k 03 :(

Thx rtarget, it was just really annoying me that the dang game started going soo slow when I zoomed in with the sniper rifle etc..

Edit: I just realised that for some reason EAX actually makes the game go faster... this is with a SB Live! 5.1, strange stuff :unsure:

Edited by Vampire

Same deal with me and my SBLive!. Go figure. The sound buffer tweak helped me a lot. That should be in that tweaking post at BF:V.com.

My AF doesn't seem to do anything no matter what I run it at......

I keep my textures at medium, otherwise the swap file goes bananas.

Ohhh is that why my HDD is constanty loading something, its annoying hearing it (Western Digital <_< ) all the time. I'm gunna turn down textures like you say to see if it helps.

Yeah, I hope they fix or at least improve on these problems in the next patch, I hope they dont put all their effort into the BF:V expansion thats out instead of updating good old original BFV. <_<