L12 Pin Mod On Kt600 Board

bkdog411

I used the L12 pin mod on my gigabyte kt600 board to get around not having an agp/pci bus lock. I have my 2500+ at 3200+ stable. The dividers are set at 1/6. This was the easiest and cheapest way for me to get to 3200+ with out buyin a new nf2 motherboard.

Edited by bkdog411

Good job. Were you able to get up to 2200 before? If not, what was your best OC? What are your temps, cooling and voltages right now? C'mon, dont just TELL us you did it, you gotta explain how and WHY too :) Thats the fun of OCing, being able to brag alot :P

I wasnt able oc before because my AGP/PCI would go way out of spec. Im running this generic cooler with a copper base usein artic silver 5. temps are alittle high (52C idle 56 Load). I used the interactive pin mod guide here as a guide. I inserted small U shaped Pieces of copper stereo wire into the cpu socket at the positions that were shown in the guide.

2200 mhz is the speed of a 3200+. Plus KT600 boards should support 200 fsb, which at the same multi of 11 (2500+ 166*11 and 3200+ 200*11) and the FSB upped to 200 gets you the 2.2ghz and 3200+ rating.

By your first post it sounds as though you are already there.

With VIA boards since it runs on set dividers some settings seems unstable, while upping it a few more FSB will switch it to the next divider. You might find a dead spot around 175-190 were the comp wouldn't run because at 175 it hasn't switched off the 1/5 divider so the AGP/PCI was running at about 36/72. Once it gets past that point it's too low like 185FSB might be on the 1/6 divider so it's running 30/60 which could be too low. By going straight to 200 you are at a perfect 33/66.