Dual Pentium 750 Server

Hey guys I have a chance to buy a pentium server, the server has dual 750 mhz cpu's, 1 gig of ram, case, mobo, cd/rom, it is used but they run great. The seller is asking $250 cdn....not sure if this is to high or not. He has 10 to sell. Any thoughts? :foldon:

I guess it all depends on what you want to use it for. If it is just for folding, it might be worth it but it will be fairly slow- I use a 600 MHz Xeon and it take 7-8 days to do a Tinker.

I probably will set up a server for friends to download/upload stuff off of and I will be using it to fold 24/7. I just wanted to get a feel of what a system like this is worth. The seller upgraded a small companies servers and they said just get rid of the old server so this is just free money for him, he also has the same server but with dual 550mhz processors. :huh:

I guess it all depends on what you want to use it for. If it is just for folding, it might be worth it but it will be fairly slow- I use a 600 MHz Xeon and it take 7-8 days to do a Tinker.

yeah but dual P3 setups are pretty good though...

would still be good for 3D/graphics work definitely, not sure about games...

does it come with hard drives? is it a rack mount case? 1U, 2U? 4U?

Dual cpu is no good for games, they cant see or use ithe second one.

for a server it will do fine.

but I have a system half of that running as a server with more hten 100 gigs transfer a day.

All I know is you get the case, mobo, 2 750mhz cpus, floppy, cdrom, and yes there is hard drives but I don't know what size yet and 1 gig of ram. I am going to look at them tomorrow night and I will post all the specs, I am planning on buying 4-5 of them..... :foldon:

Well if some of you guys buy some then I should be able to get him down to the $200-$225 range, I will get the complete specs for you's and I will check them all to make sure they run ok...I will post the specs on this thread as soon as I get them. :foldon: