Image Files Aren't Burning

okay so i've had this problem for about 2 months now. when i burn image files with either nero or alcohol 120% i get a burn success message. Great , until i try to read the disc but it shows absolutely noithing on the disc.

But i know theres stuff on there coz i can see the darker area when it has burnt on.

my writer is a samsung SM-308B, windows xp, nero 6.3.1.15 / alcohol 120% v1.9.1 build 1705

If you could help me out that would be great

:foldon:

Have you tried reading the discs in a different drive or on another machine? I think that happened to me once a while back, but only once, and it was probably my fault. Sounds like if anything is wrong, it would be your burner. Does this only happen when you burn images? And what type of images? (.iso, .cue, etc.)

Maybe this could be an excuse to go buy a new dvd burner, one of the new double layer ones. I just got one, problem is, I can't find any double layer discs to buy.

yeah what it is is all i want to do is move sum games over to my mums laptop for her, but because its gov property i can't network it at home. and the discs dont even work on that. iso , cues , neither work, . i'll see if cleaning out the drive works, so if it doesn't work i'll get a new one

don't know abouyt windows built in function? never really tried it. i've always just used nero or sumthing. does that even write image files?

Edited by the_condor_rules