2.0a Intel P4 Northwood

ive got a intel d845hv with a intel p4 2.0a northwood cpu my board specs out at 2.6 400fsb i want to know if i can push my 2.0 up to 2.6 all help appreciated

Edited by confuzzedintelguy

A lot of thigns are going to work into this, but luckly I fill your pain, I have one of those p4a's running as my main rig, sad indeed. But i havent has a chance to OC it because its a stock HP OEm box :-( but heres what to look for,

See what your bios supports!!! mine supports nothing.

Check what tip of RAM you have !!! If you have 100 Mhz then it may be hard to OC them I have 133. It would be SO much better if your MOBO supported DDR then i envy you.

otherwise it will overclock just like any other computer so read the OCC overclocking guid and you should be fine

also join the folding team if you want to win some ram

The Folding program is made by Stanford Uni. What it basicly does is use spare CPU cycles inorder to solve large mathmatical problims. In folding's case this involves Protiens. SO heres how it happens. Once you install the folding program (make sure to use your forum screen name as the user, and team 12772 for OCC) then [email protected] will download a protien and its data from Stanford's server (called a Work Unit *WU* ) and do various manipulations to it using spare cycles so you shoulf experience zero performance hit. When the program finishes its protien it sends its resolts back to stanford and gets next WU etc. So basicly your computer contributs to the understanding of protiens in the body and the desieses caused by some. Folding currently helps find curses for "diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, cystic fibrosis, BSE (Mad Cow disease), an inherited form of emphysema, and even many cancers are believed to result from protein misfolding. " And best of all, it wont affect you (see bottom for more details)

So all in all Folding is great. The OCC team is ranked 29th in the World! and climbing. Plus the contest(s) and forum goodies... like the little DNA icon and bonus picture in your post, make it fun too. And theres a great comunity that follows foldign events to get to know.

So join, B) have fun, :P and save the world :foldon:

WARRNING Folding can become addictive!!!!

Yea some people really get into the comptition, and some really get into helping the world. Like the number one guy on our team has somethign like 56 computers running and theres no way he uses them all. But then again people install it at work, and at home etc... it can builld up, plus every little bit helps speed up finding the cure.

:foldon: