I Just Got A Nice Gfx Overclock....

airman

Yah i know...not the best card out there....but i just exceeded 9800xt speeds on this puppy. check this out.

no artifacts...4580 in 3dmark03

did i mention that's only on 4 PIPELINES? when i run 8 get checkerboard :(

my xt cpu core is 500 mhz stock, and my ramdac or w/e is 650mhz.... so you didnt reach xt speeds yet, keep trying tho.

if u look at the memory in his pic...it says 396, keep in mind that is ddr so it is double...so it would be 792mhz actually. he passed ur mem speed but not ur clock speed.

so u say the softmod with the omega drivers give u artifacts? weird.

Edited by sYstEmATiC

Pretty good score for four pipes. That's about what I was getting with my 9600xt. Did you try lowering the clock speed when using the Omega drivers?

my xt cpu core is 500 mhz stock, and my ramdac or w/e is 650mhz.... so you didnt reach xt speeds yet, keep trying tho.

Those are stock 9600xt speeds. :blink:

That's weird

I get a score of 6101 with my 9800SE (bios flashed to 9800pro, 407/368, no dots)

and I use balanced setting

even my 9800SE without any overclock archieve 4925 too

is that some thing wrong with your score?

Edited by JasonJCChan

oh ya I didn't notice too

maybe I forgot to un-overclock it when I did the test

but it shouldn't affect much does it?

*edit*I just re-test it with original 2.8E setting and in fact it does make a difference

so here is an updated one

Edited by JasonJCChan

I have that ATI tool and I set it to find max core. I can't reach any higher then 405 is it normal for it to go up and then back down to 402? and it is just sitting there for about an hour. What do you guys suggest should I just pump it straight to 415 and then let it look for artifacts and let it run for 2 hours or so? my stock is 378/351. Also what should I put my Direct 3d and OpenGL settings to Anistropic and Antialiasing settings?

Edited by Lyrical Exercise

I got my 9800 pro at XT speeds now and im not planning to overclock more, im scared i might destroy my expensive card (good cooling tho, arctic silencer and every mem has heatsink). Im happy with the XT Speeds, especially when i see how much my pro costs in comparison with the XT :P

how do you soft mod the 9800 se and will it burn the card if not do properly this is the card im thinking of gitting and i want to know if when i git it and decide to softmod it what will happen?

POWERCOLOR ATI RADEON 9800SE

Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit,

DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP

also should i expect beter performance from this than my fx 5200 plus