Date Manipulation

Coolzero101

folding's meant to be for scientific discovery, not your points ;)

probably not against the rules... i personally think it's a waste of time since the points for processing time seem to be pretty much sorted out at stanford anyway (ok, r_target's latest 638/639 disaster aside)

there's probably some program that "cheats" to try and get the more "rewarding" WUs, but it might just end up giving you less points over a week due to it throwing away WUs until it gets a "good" one...

my view on this is you are throwing a spanner in the works by doing this...

There was a folder posting on the Folding Community forums that did something similar before they sorted out the 638/639 points discrepancy. He kept deleting 638s (I think) because he didn't like the points he got for the amount of time it took. Needless to say, it was not well-received in the forums there and actually sparked some discussion on how to penalize people that did this. He was putting his own personal goal of getting more points ahead of the science and was actually damaging the research aspect since those proteins would have to wait until the expiration date had passed and be reassigned to someone else.

Yeah- I didn't think you were :D . Everyone here seems to take the science part seriously. The competition and points make it fun, but what we're doing is important and I think it's cool how everyone seems to keep that part in mind.

:foldon::foldon: