Creative Gforce Ti4600

yatstv

a warning to u all.!!! i have a creative gforce 4 Ti4600, i have had it for 1 and half years. now it runs like a piece of crap. havent overclocked it, and have tried new drivers and older drivers and it makes no diference.

i used to run 3dmark 01 se and i would get inbetween 10,000 and 13,000.

now i get between 8,000 no higher than 9,000.

has the creative card ran its life already meaning its not so good, or is there something u GPU wizards know about?

P.S. its not hot as it has a iceberg 4 pro cooler too.

temps are. CPU @ 30'C - 31'C constantly

system @ 36'C - 40'C depending on wether

i think the creative graphics cards arent much copp!

As a video card dies the scores don't drop or anything....it just artifacts. That sounds more like a driver issue or something. Make sure you have the latest drivers for everything, do a virus/spyware scan, etc. The scores should not drop due just to it getting old. Also, when was the last time you reformatted and reinstalled windows?

3dm01se can be affected by your system speed a lot... try downloading the omega drivers from www.omegadrivers.net

have you changed some settings for your cpu or ram or mobo lately ?

no, windows was installed 3 weeks ago, i defragged last night, i have the latest drivers for everything else, and i have tried new drivers for the graphics, but i heard that the new drivers are more for the new fx cards and have alot of stuff in them that is no use for the old style cards and dont do it any favours.

Yeah, I use the 45.23 drivers for my ti4600 and my wife's ti500 (yeah, I didn't sell it) because I find the performance is better than any newer releases.

Like Eva said, as a card dies it doesn't slow down like that.