It's Too Much For Your 9800

robAP

ok,

I...i mean.."a friend of mine" just got his hands on the Doom-3 beta v2.0

"my friend" just played it on an ATI-9800 PRO.

full resolution with everythign on.....well...close combat renders framerates somewhere over 10.....not 20 i can tell you that.

theyve got monsters..that move very fast and act very fast and fire at you very fast....when they do that up close.....it almost freezed the screen! admittidly this was on a 9800 pro...not an XT...

holy balls!

your card is gonna suffer under this !!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember its still Beta the issue will probaly either get patched before its released or there will be fixes in the drivers somwhere just before or after the release. I just noticed you and your friend have the same card. What a strange coincidence. :P

hey rob, i'm not scared... i got doom3 beta... it runs alright, it's not like the beta version is anything like the final though and you can bet there's a WHOLE LOT of game optimisations and driver tailoring to be had before it hits the shelves (whenever that is :lol:)

oh youre all absolutely right.....its amazing. my friend and i got our cards at the same time on the same day....how bout that.

yeah it had all the resolution cranked up and all the shadowing adn effects.

everythign was fine, just in the close combat is when things slowed down. got ugly quick.

this is gonna be one scary game guys......VERY scary.

jeez, i found the beta to be fine - it ran pretty smooth for me - it was just a pain getting it to install - it took like, 30 minutes... :(

but it *is* going to scare the pants off you....the zombies just wont stay down - i then realised that head shots were a safe bet....i still kept hanging around in case the darned thing got up again! argh!!

ok,

I...i mean.."a friend of mine" just got his hands on the Doom-3 beta v2.0

"my friend" just played it on an ATI-9800 PRO.

full resolution with everythign on.....well...close combat renders framerates somewhere over 10.....not 20 i can tell you that.

theyve got monsters..that move very fast and act very fast and fire at you very fast....when they do that up close.....it almost freezed the screen! admittidly this was on a 9800 pro...not an XT...

holy balls!

your card is gonna suffer under this !!!

Ohhhhhh, I think my vid card can hande it with no probs. :D

at a guess i'd reckon the final graphics engine will be as tough as far cry to run... but then again, it might be easier cos come on it's doom3 ffs... it's not like the first game they've made

half-life 2 will own everything anyway! :ph34r:

(if you have broadband, check the videos)

at a guess i'd reckon the final graphics engine will be as tough as far cry to run... but then again, it might be easier cos come on it's doom3 ffs... it's not like the first game they've made

half-life 2 will own everything anyway! :ph34r:

(if you have broadband, check the videos)

HL 2's graphics will be over a year old by the time they hit the market. PC Gamer was saying in a preview of it a few months ago that it's starting to look a bit dated, i.e. not as good as Far Cry, Doom 3, etc...

I'm still going to play it though.