Spidey Senses

speaking of spiders. I just killed one that crawled out from under my keyboard while I was writing a post like 30seconds ago. lol...kinda freaked me out at first so after I spent a little time looking at it trying to see what kind of spider it was I grabbed one of my knives and told it goodbye. lol

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

er, no, the one i'm referring to isn't an urban legend, it's a very saddening true story, i'd go find the article about it, complete with rotting flesh pictures, but i'd thought i'd spare people the gruesome pictures...

since, most of people in US could be eating their evening meals etc...

the doctors identified it as a brown recluse bite because of the nature of the rotting flesh wound, an open, rotting, growing, weeping, pus-y wound that wouldn't heal, this kind of wound being characteristic of a brown recluse bite.

well it depends on where it was...if it was in the central US then i could see that, but anywhere else, it's usually not a brown-recluse.

here's a pic of the Giant Wood Spider of Japan. they get anywhere from 5 to 7 inches long! their webs are usually a meter across and the silk is soo strong that you sometimes see birds or bats caught in the webs.

My wife and I have a friend whose sister had to have her leg removed from a brown recluse spider bite. I belive they treated it right away too. :O

My favorite way to deal with spiders is a can of hair spray and a lighter!!!

1. Fire up lighter and hold in front of can.

2. Start spraying

3. POOF!!!! No more spider and the web goes up too!!!! :lol:

stitch, you got that from the movie Arachnophobia :P:lol:

I personally don't like spiders, especially the bigger ones.... I wouldn't mind a snake AS bad but I just have issues with insects.... I'm going to buy some hairspray though and see if the post about freezing them works ;)

Do you have to spray alot?

My wife and I have a friend whose sister had to have her leg removed from a brown recluse spider bite. I belive they treated it right away too. :O

My favorite way to deal with spiders is a can of hair spray and a lighter!!!

1. Fire up lighter and hold in front of can.

2. Start spraying

3. POOF!!!! No more spider and the web goes up too!!!! :lol:

What are the chances of the can catching fire and blowing up? I wanna try that but i want to have my hand too! :(