Spidey Senses

You hardly EVER die from a Black Widow Bite. You'll just be wishing you were dead, because the pain is excruciating.

And dude, you SO shouldn't be feeding your precious Terabyte wild animals from out your back door. They could have Parasites, Pesticides, Herbicides, who knows what that'll kill your spider. Just some advice from your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man. (<---That's me)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were working with acid based chemicals at work last friday, and found a big wolf spider, so we sprayed it lol....the poor thing melted haha

As long as its not a funnel web spider your probably gona be ok I feel sorry for the Auseis because those things are every where down their and I hate spiders too if you spray with hairspray it freezes them in place then you can do whatever you like ushally I prefer a baseball bat

i've had my share of spider bites....

2 from brown recluses

1 from black widow

which both unfortunately LIVe in my back yard. I just killed a brown recluse the other day.

both spiders' bites are extremely painful...if you think a fire ant hurts...take that and multiply by about 100, and you'll get something close.

luckily...i'm not too prone to poison....i mean, for fire ants, some people where they got bit will swell up like crazy...and for me...it just looks like a mosquito bite and after about 10 seconds of going 'owwww....dang ants!', i'll be fine.

so....the spider bites probably weren't as bad as other's :)

hahahha...nice agallion....

btw...having your leg amputated from a spider bite? that sounds odd. he probably didn't treat it like i or others did as soon as possible.

brown recluse bites, if not treated, will cause the flesh to deteriorate. that's probably why.

yeah, he was lying in bed and felt something bite but thought it was a flea so went back to sleep, woke up and had the deteriorating flesh wound thing goin on... nice...

yeah, he was lying in bed and felt something bite but thought it was a flea so went back to sleep, woke up and had the deteriorating flesh wound thing goin on... nice...

yeah, well that's an urban legend. Whenever doctors cannot identify a weird bite, they automatically assume it's a brown recluse. They had no evidence to say that. The guy never saw what bit him...it could have been a venomous snake for all they know....or his wife ;)

er, no, the one i'm referring to isn't an urban legend, it's a very saddening true story, i'd go find the article about it, complete with rotting flesh pictures, but i'd thought i'd spare people the gruesome pictures...

since, most of people in US could be eating their evening meals etc...

the doctors identified it as a brown recluse bite because of the nature of the rotting flesh wound, an open, rotting, growing, weeping, pus-y wound that wouldn't heal, this kind of wound being characteristic of a brown recluse bite.