Its About Time Eh?

Mr_Yuck

Yeah, I know it's not spectacular, but I just got my new toys (Fans, CPU Cooler, Round Cables, and Fan Mouse.)

With my Zalman Cooler, the stock temps dropped from 49* While folding to 36* while folding, now I am overclocked from 2.4 to 2.88GHZ and with folding on it is steady at 41*

:)

my goal will be about 3 ghz

I'm at 3.33ghz and climbing. Load temps are 46-48C in my unA/C'd room. Vcore hangs around 1.568-1.6. Not bad at all. I am dtermined to hit 3.4ghz on air. I WILL DO IT OR KILL MY PROCESSOR TRYING!!!

These 2.4s OC real well if you take your time doing it.

im at 3.12 now

42* (The ultimate temperature for the ultimate processor)

is it bad when my room lights flicker?  :ph34r:

If the light flickers just when you boot your puter....lol Then it's ok! :D

no...not just when i boot :lol:

i dont know how well this thing will overclock...I dont have one of the processors with MO Stepping (or is it without) oh well, whichever the awesome version of the 2.4c is, thats the one i dont have....

plus I think my P4P800 Deluxe is faulty or something. I just had a fan sensor wig out on me, and ever since I got it, it has taken about 30 seconds or more just to check the memory, even with quick boot on. I got new memory, no improvement.

Too bad I am too lazy to send in the motherboard for warranty :angry:

ah well, i have 2 and a half years left of warranty

EDIT: one more thing: Is the ASUS Lazy Man...err I mean AI overclock tuner any good? or should I do it manually?

my load temps (burning DVD and Folding at same time=100%) are 50*-51* in my non air conditioned room, which is about 74* F or 24*C

and just to recap:

It is a Zalman 7000a with Arctic Silver Ceramique, two 32cfm intake fans in the front and two 32cfm exhaust fans in the back (plus 2 weak fans above the intakes acting as intakes, a side fan, 2 powersupply fans, stock video card cooling.

I have a 200Watt Stereo (probably pumping about 100 watts usually), two 17" CRT Monitors, 2 Puters, Misc Battery Charges, linksys router, DSL Modem, printer, mouses, other peripherals, fan, 1 60 or so watt lightbulb

It's an old house. The lights were only flickering last night for about 5 minutes....

It was probably just the tesla coil in the back yard charging back up after hitting a mole....

jk

Well, if you go into your garage (or basement or wherever your circuit breaker is) and see what circuit is leading to your room. I'd guess 15, in which you're running near/over max. You should consider getting an electrician to get you a 20

Well, if you go into your garage (or basement or wherever your circuit breaker is) and see what circuit is leading to your room. I'd guess 15, in which you're running near/over max. You should consider getting an electrician to get you a 20

my dad's an electician, problem is, the house is a rental...

I dont really have a tesla coil, this circuit is fine....

EDIT: the light is no longer flickering.