Modding A Playstation

hey guys i just began the project of case modding my playstation 1...i was wondering if any one else has taken up this project?

i need some ideas on how to power my LEDs since theres no molex connectors in PS like the xbox...ill try to take a pic of the power unit for the PS

and has any one been able to open up the memory card reader part...cuz ive been trying for about 30 min to figure it out and ive just about smashed it with a hammer...

thx for ur time ill update with pics when finished

idk..but the psu board for the psx(early psone) is 110 to 240 volts. not sure if thats enough to power a pc...also the psx cases are smaller than an xbox case..so room for a HDD, Cd-rom and motherboard, hsf, and video card will be hard to fit in there

i wont be turning the case into a computer :lol: sorry for the confusion im just modding the psx and tryin to figure out how the hell i will end up puttin some leds in there

quite sorry for the confusion

-Mika

im thinking that the wires going from the power circuit board to the mainboard could power them but im not sure exactly which ones would be which and i dont think my dad has his volt meter ne more since his tools got dbowed

just for the hell of it... anybody see the yoshi boxx?

featured on techtv and stuff... guy (yoshi=his name) puts like every system in his computer... hes got switches for the power of each one and stuff...

ill try to find the link now

::techtv.com::

ahh here it is

http://www.g4techtv.com/feature.aspx?article_key=37229

sickkkk scroolll thru n look at picss

just for the hell of it... anybody see the yoshi boxx?

featured on techtv and stuff... guy (yoshi=his name) puts like every system in his computer... hes got switches for the power of each one and stuff...

ill try to find the link now

::techtv.com::

ahh here it is

http://www.g4techtv.com/feature.aspx?article_key=37229

sickkkk scroolll thru n look at picss

Have seen it. MPC Rig oo the month. WOW B)

hehe..

it amazes me how many people browse this forum..

i duno who uz r... but its 4 AM here in new york right now.. i jus posted like.. i duno.. 1/2 hour ago or sumtin (lost track of time lookin at a modding site ;) )

and now already theres like 3 more replies added.. hehe i love it!!

:bah:

i think my dad has a new voltmeter ill have to check w/ him...ill ask him to help me out on figuring out this puzzle but if not theres a wall adaptor to molex thing that was brought to my attention for about 7 bux so i might go that route