Running Hot!

Ok i am running my P4 3.0c @ 3.452 with a VCore of 1.625. Even with MBM5's reading adjusted by 12C, it still reads 48C with 1 instance of folding and winamp running... Do i need to reseat my HS? whats going on? I had my P4P800 @ 3.62 with a Vcore of 1.675 and i was running @ 41C with 2 instances of folding and general web surfing/MP3 playing....

Mine's a scorcher to so dont feel bad . I use an 11C correction and with a 26c case temp my load temp is 42 to 44c with 2 instances of folding at 1.525vcore at 1.6v it jumps to 49-50c . I use an SP-94 and a 92mm tornado for it. :foldon::foldon:

at load...my 2.4c at 3.14 (at 1.65vcore) it runs at a scorching 60c idle (2 instances of [email protected] running)

at idle it's at 30c. btw it's stock heatsink and as3 (i never liked as5...too thick for my liking. also...it seems to break down after about a week of use, it's really odd.)

yeah it's nigh on impossible to read in your sig... you might wanna redo the lettering... if you use photoshop to do the letter you can select the text layer and choose blending options -> outer glow and make it have a black glow, just a couple of pixels wide... that way it'll contrast from the background... you can make it semi-transparent too...

as for your original question... yeah, maybe a little re-lap to get rid of the old as5 properly and check the retention mechanism is pushing down in the right place with sufficient force...