Farcry Problem

I got my 6800gt today and installed it without problems. I play Halo at max setting with no problems. But when i try to play farcry v1.1, it always crashes to the desktop. Sometimes right after I open it, or after a minute or so after having it open. My drivers are 61.45. What do you think I should do?

umm....it's nvidia. that's why.

hehe jk, but i'm an ati fan.

what kind of gpu cooling do you have? your vpu can be running a little warm. also...if your cpu is overclocked, that could mean it is unstable. that's what happens to me if i overclock to high. try taking it down a notch.

ya since that thing sucks ore juice off the 12v rail it culd be causeing a unstable overclock now

this happend to me i was perfectly fien at 11*200 tehn i got my 5900 and i was unstable like mad, you might wanan try going back to stock speeds tehn try overclocking ur way back up again see what happens

also the 6800's i hear run VERY hot, vga silencer

Im not used to these high end cards, but i think i fixed it. I put it on application controled and used the auto-detect feature in farcry, that seemed to have fixed it. Im not used to aa an af.

Im not used to these high end cards, but i think i fixed it. I put it on application controled and used the auto-detect feature in farcry, that seemed to have fixed it. Im not used to aa an af.

Well get used to AA/AF then, thats one of the reasons such powerful cards are designed. Crank up the graphics in every game dude! B)