Just Oc'ed My 2500+

hey guys, i have pc 3200 ram running in duel ddr , 2x256mb

i just increased the fsb on my motherboard to 400mhz, so now

my processor is running at 3200+ speed (2191mhz)

im just wondering if this will shorten the life of my processor ?

the cooling is adequite, runnin at 44c right now. and its been on

all day.

so any risks or anything im not aware of ?

Theoretically it will shorten the life of the processor, but you likely won't notice it. You're likely to upgrade long before the processor dies on you... if you take care of it, and that means good cooling.

44 isn't too bad. Is that idle or load?

yeah, 44C under full load is an awesome temp. You're way in the green, you can keep OCing until you get up to 50C load (like me). Thats when you dont want to OC more, because cooling will becaome alot more of a factor than it is now.

awsome, im getting more fans too :) for better airflow, so i should have one sweet machine for half life 2, im thinking about getting a 9800 pro, right now i have a 9600xt turbo, would it be a huge step up ?

yeah the 9800pro wipes the floor with the 9600xt... 44c load is cool... before you settle into that oc, you might wanna first see if you can go higher (may as well) and then also check that your computer is 100% stable by running Folding@home and Prime95 at the same time for 24 hours...

if your computer can do that without any errors (usually show up in Prime95 if there's a problem) then it's all good!

if not, then you might have to increase the vCore and/or reduce the fsb....

btw, nice OC and temps so far! :D

you won't really be reducing the life of your processor because the 2500 and 3200's are actually the same processor of the same wafer... it's just the ones that are sold as 3200's are supposed to hit 2.2GHz at stock voltage and the 2500 might need a bit more (sometimes not though!)

cool, yeah, with a 9800pro yer lookin on to havin a blast on HL2... i'm lookin forward to it myself!!!! :)