Asus Vs. Abit

Hey everyone, i was just looking into buying a new setup for my comptuer (water cooling, new case, new mobo, new processor, new video card...practically new computer :) ) anyway, i was wondering which was better, the Asus or the Abit boards? Ive always thought Abit was better, but ive been hearing people say that Asus is perhaps better for overclocking, which i plan on doing with my new processor hehe. Anyway - I was also looking at the prescott CPU, and wondering if the Abit motherboard that supports that (or atleast gives the impression of supporting it...however doesnt have the LGA socket in the search :-/http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....127-158&depa=1) was a good choice, if i do go with the prescott CPU.

First of all:

ASUS SUCKS!!! Dont ever buy from asus. their voltage drop is a real pain in the .. plus they die on you <_<

Go with the abit. Im sure you will like that board. Everyone here does :)

as for the prescott.. umm. i would recommend it. Buy a nice C series chip :) (northwood)

the p4c800 dlx is okay but over priced

the dfi intinity / lanparty is a GREAT board

abit... well we won't evne go into the amount of problems I have with those piles of CRAP! besides ABIT is division of hsing tech... aka PC chips, ECS, Matsonic, Amtron.... and many other crappy mobo makers. the boards are not designed or built by the same clowns as the rest of the hsing tech family, but they're still supported by them along with having a lot of parts (capacitors for example) supplied by the parent company.

you won't see many LGA chips for a few more months... the ones that got out are scarce and intel is already doing revisions on the chip / socket due to some heat issues and the chip basically becoming one with the board forever (you can't pull them off the board without wrecking them both). also do yourself a favor and buy a northwood (C core) chip instead of a prescott (E core) chip. trust me (along with others here) when we tell you this... you'll thank us later :)

I think you are going to get mixed answers on this question but all 4 of my Asus boards have treated me very very well.

I had the misfortune of purchasing 2 abit boards for 2 identical computers and neither one would read the CPU speed right, and yes I updated bios, changed jumpers etc etc. To this day they still don't work properly. And I've also got an older Socket A that runs a T-Bird 950mhz that is very flaky and is very unstable and it came down being the mobo at fault.

I think it is a matter of what board has treated you well in the past, what lots of others are using to make the choice. Maybe it was just my luck that I ended up with 3 bad boards from Abit.