Netscape, Win2k, And Multiple Network Configs

ShadowLord

I have 2 very annoying things that happen on my Laptop. I switch between different network configs and switch out different NIC cards from Wireless, 10/100, 1000, and Token Ring allot.

After I change to a new Configuration and reboot; Win2K will load some of the items from the Startup Folder multiple times. This causes several different errors to happen depending on what was attempted to start twice. This only happens the 1st time. As long as I boot again in the same network config I don't get this problem. This is problem one.

The 2nd problem which is much worse is from netscape. It happened in Version 4.72-4.76, 6.2, and now 7. Netscape acts as if I have never opened it before. So the welcome email appears again and it has to re-load every email when I click on a folder. Now then some of my folders have over 3000+ emails so it can take up to a minute to re-load every email again. And I have 24+ folders. So it can be a real pain to let it reload every single folder again.

I am always signing on to the laptop with the same Admin user id that does not change.

I have tried sending netscape emails about this and have gotten silence back in return.

Any one else ever seen this or know how I can get this to stop.

thanks

I dont know whats wrong but I just wanted to say "YOU STILL USE TOKEN RING?!?!?! Tahts the stuff of legends"

thats all I wanted to say. Goodluck with your problem, I use internet exploroer but you could use mozilla(netscape similar)

um, so its uncaching all your stuff when you due new network settings or what?

Yea in Netscape mail. It has to re-load/re-index all the emails over again so that they are in Date Sequence.

I really don't want to switch to Exploder and OutLook(Or everlose) since Outlook likes to just lose emails. Especially if you try and store more than like thousand emails.

Yea I still have one customer that uses TokenRing. Business are always slower to change. If its not broke don't fix it, because it costs money. Also this customer has been in business for 130+ years. So let me tell you they are very stuck in there ways.

Well I thought someone may of seen this problem. Oh well the search continues.

thanks