How Much Space?

rich

Ok, so I'm in the market for a case and the one I want has a vertically house PSU. Question is: How much space does the SP-97 need between the end of the fan and the PSU. I'll probably put a 25mm wide fan on it if I have to (stock 38mm). What would be an adequate amount of space to have between the two units? Thanks

Rich

(from thermalright.com)

Technical Spec.:

Dimension:

L99 x W59 x H50 (mm) Top, without fan

L75 x W55 x H50 (mm) Bottom, without fan

("fan" = 92mm delta)

answer = as much as possible, and if it's looking tight, don't buy that case...

Yeah, I figured that part out. It should be ~88mm high with the Delta fan installed. That isn't my problem. My problem is that my PSU is going to be vertically mounted, and therefore possibly in the way of the HSF. Space is obviously an important factor, so I need to know how much space the fan needs to run efficiently. As I've figured it now I should have ~25-30mm of space between the top of the fan and the PSU. Those numbers aren't that solid though. I'm trying to figure out if it's enough or if I'm going to need another HSF, or even case.

It's a Lian Li. I don't really want a full tower. This one is ~14" tall and weighs <10lbs which is perfect for what I want. I just don't know if I'll be able to get it or not due to the fact that the PSU mounts vertically. I just don't want a really tall case anymore. The other version of it is 19", but that's pushing it for me right now.

25-30mm is kinda tight... i wouldn't personally have that kinda clearance... and it sounds like the psu would block ventilation/airflow from other fans towards the hs/f anyway... gotta link for this lian-li case?

i know what you mean about the smaller case thing tho... my old lanboy was pretty compact for a mid tower and really light (without psu, i could lift it with my fingernail literally)

my main rig is in a big steel case and i lugged it across to my mate's house who lives in another city... got the train/bus/tram there... it sucked, it's huge... a dinky light case would be cool... just not a gay shuttle....