A+ Exam Help! Questions

anthony

Hello everyoooone!!! I have decided to take the A+ exam.. well I decided a few months ago, but I play to take it soon.

I have studied asseciously, and after I downloaded a free practice test, I feel like I know next to nothing :(

Many some of you OCC'ers are in the same position as me, so I started this thread for people who need help with A+, or people willing to help out the people who need help :P. Expcially Agallion! because he's A+ certified and PROUD1 post-7-1087671591.jpg:P

I was thinking those who have done the exams, or are wealth of knowledge, could posts some questions for the uninformed to answer, and then collectivly, everyone will benifit.

sooooo what do you guys think? I think its brilliant! :P \

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy a book, memorize your IRQs and what they do, pay attention to the printers part and learn the different kinds and the different parts. Cruise around the web and take sample test. You really do need to buy a book and read it, it'll prolly be about 600 pages or so.

Bruce, A+

Because people who can't fix there own crap DO USE IT. We dont because we can upgrade easily and cheaply - Grandma can't do crap cuz she doesn't want to learn, she only wants her e-mail. This is where you need to set the jumpers of the IRQ of her ISA modem. But wait, did she have a 16bit or 8bit modem? Do you know how to replace which ever she had, and can you tell the difference?

Fixing computers isn't having people coming in with brand new P4s at 3 GHz, its people with old P2's at 300 MHz. You'll learn quickly, as I did.

I took an A+ cert class last semester. Still got the books from them. They are good books with lots of good information in them. If you really want to prepair for the A+ test then go to a local tech school and sign up for the A+ cert class.

They have brain dumps reguarding A+ exams all over the net, I urge you to seek them out and go through as many as possible, you will probably end up seeing a bunch of the same questions as you saw in the brain dumps. I'm not sure what is on the test now as I took mine about 4 years ago, but I know they will still probably test on laser printers and IRQs. Good Luck

The best explanation of why you have to learn the old stuff is that all IBM x86 architechture type stuff is backward compatible and by learning where everything came from, you learn how it came to be and why--this provides a deeper understanding of computers and information technology.

At least it is supposed to.

Bruce