Changing The Logon Screen

bishop245

i used to use style xp but i dont anymore, is there a simple proggy out there that you run once to change the logon, or can i just change a file in the system32 folder

yes this is XP Pro i am talking about

just need to download a logonui.exe (that's all a logon screen is, an executable) and replace it ... without checking i'll bet it's in the windows\system32 folder....

that's JUST the logon screen though, not the boot screen...

boot screen i dont care about lol as i have failed horribly everytime i have tried changing it

but i used to have a nice dragon pic for my logon and would like a cool pic again

and thanks

no probs... yeah the bootscreen took me a while to master... replaced my kernel with a straight xp one instead of an sp1 kernel and f--ked it all up... i think a windows system repair sorted it out in the end (back to default boot screen and actually booted up)...

yeah, now i know, for bootscreens, all you have to do is boot to safe mode (i choose commandline version), have the bootscreen ready in a folder and copy the bootscreen to system32\ntoskrnl.exe

easy :P

:lol:

well, yeah, the logon one is easy, the bootscreen one is easy with a high potential for kicking yourself in the nutsack...

boot screen i dont care about lol as i have failed horribly everytime i have tried changing it

but i used to have a nice dragon pic for my logon and would like a cool pic again

and thanks

Ohhhh Dragons, go to love that.

i always used a program called logon studio or something like that. its made by the people who do stardock.

last i remember it was free, a little tricky to add your own graphics to until you get used to it,