New Amd Mb Different Chipset

i was thinking about getting a new mb for my athlon64 2800. i am looking at the nf3 250 boards bnut i am wondering will i have to reinstall windows with the new mb?in the past ive gone from nf 2 mb to another nf 2 mb without any probs and no reinstall.but my current board is kt 800 chipset and i want an nf3. i am hopeing that since thier both amd boreds i could make the swich without any prob providing i uninstall all the drivers and such from the old board.

k the repair i can deal with but reinstalling it again will drive me crazy.ill just make shure to uninstall all the drivers from my old mb first to make the transition as smooth as possible. thanks

k the repair i can deal with but reinstalling it again will drive me crazy.

i know what you mean dude, it takes me like a week minimum to get just the basics set back up... probably like two or three weeks til i'm fully loaded and everything is back to normal...

but yeah a mobo/chipset drivers uninstall and windows system repair sounds like the best plan of action...

i was just looking around for were the mobo/chipset drivers are and cant find them. i did find a file called pnpdrivers it has intell,via,nforce and sis but i think those are just the windows stock drivers not the ones that i put in from the cd for my mb. were do i fgind the drivers i installed?thier not in my control panel.

If you do a repair, you don't have to uninstall the drivers. The installer will remove all your drivers for you and put back only the ones you'll need (like video drivers). It'll search it's own driver database for chipset ones, but it probably won't find them. If you don't have a driver CD for your new board, download them before you repair Windows, because without the chipset drivers, you can't get online (and if you don't try and install the chipset ones first, but the video ones get installed, they'll be null until you install the chipset ones, then reinstall the video ones)

Edited by InvaderTrax

go to device manager BEFORE removing the old mobo. change your ide drivers to microsoft default. shut down, swap boards. it'll pickup the MS default drivers (the run home to mama ones). THEN you reinstall your drivers for the new board. 15 min total work and you're back on your feet again.

i checked my device manager and i think i allraedy got the default stock microsoft drivers.so could i just do the repair before i remove the old mb and then just shutdown remove old mb and replace it with new mb?