Do I Need New Ram?

hey im new here :rolleyes: ,, i have a 2.4+ athlon xp and for memory i have a cheap PC3200 256DDR ,,i want to OC my pc but i dont know what to do , iwas planing to buy some new memory for my pc can u guys help me out??? ((( i play games i have farcry but runs kinda slow on my pc ))) :(

MY PC

Gigabyte GA-7N400L

360w PS"

2.4 athlon XP

PC3200 256MB

FXF 5200 256MB

120gig hd space

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to occ dude... farcry will suck cos of your fx5200 graphics card mostly... the memory should actually be very good for oc-ing because your cpu will run (stock) at 333MHz fsb whereas the ram will go up to 400MHz at least... depends on your mobo tho... i'll just check it out...

my sister has a 5200 and it runs farcry just fine.

does she have a 2400+ athlon?

ok, just double checked and you have an nforce2 chipset on your mobo... which means you can increase your fsb (front side bus) up until you reach the limits of your ram and/or cpu...

you won't need new memory to oc... but what heatsink do you have on the cpu? is it the stock one?

nemo, i find that very hard to believe unless all the settings are on low, or your sister doesn't mind low fps...

pretinho, that's your memory, i mean the metal heatsink and fan attached to your cpu on the motherboard... what is it? did you buy it?

its a ,,ultra PC3200 256

that RAM is good enough to OC with. the only thing I would suggest is to get another 256 stick of it so you can run dual channel.