Highest Amd Overclock

I see alot of stuff about p4's holding highest oc record but im just curious whats hte highest an amd has hit?Im guessing like 3ghz and a mobile chip

Not sure if I've seen 3GHz, but close to it. I know bigred has a 64 bit chip (not sure if it's an FX or an Opteron) at nearly (if not at or past) 3GHz. I do remember seeing some mobile's at like 2.8GHz on air

Edited by InvaderTrax

I can get 2.7 rock stable on air, 2.8 unstable, 2.9 won't boot, 3ghz won't post. I am sure someone on here has over 3ghz with an amd. I heard a guy claim(not on here) that he hit 4.5Ghz with an FX-53.

On Mach IIs and ln2 you can hit over 3 ghz on the good tbreds, mobile bartons, and maybe standard bartons. I think I've set an unofficial record here at occ for the amount of mhz gained from stock speed on any AMD chip, being more than 1 Ghz above stock speed. Not sure....

On Mach IIs and ln2 you can hit over 3 ghz on the good tbreds, mobile bartons, and maybe standard bartons. I think I've set an unofficial record here at occ for the amount of mhz gained from stock speed on any AMD chip, being more than 1 Ghz above stock speed. Not sure....

Im asking for the highest clock speed not the increased speed from overclock

I have gotten a A64 3400+ up to 3GHz (300 x 10), and my new S939 FX-53 has yet to fully arrive. I'm gonna put the S939 setup under my modded MachII and go for broke.

Charlie, Tom Holck, and others at XS have hit 3.3GHz and 3.4GHz with FX-53 940 and 939 setups. The 939 setups have alot more headroom, and some are estimating they will hit 3.5GHz stable on a phase-change setup.

3000.gif

So, as of right now

Athlon XP max OC = 3.0 ghz

Athlon 64 max OC = waiting for nuclear

Nuc : I think you might need a change. "AMD OC phreak" might suit you better

Edited by Dasterdly