As5 Vs Ceramique?

Byron

Hey,

I've been using ceramique for a little bit (thanks to newegg they sent me 2 things instead of 1), but is as5 much better than ceramique? I've heard great things about both, anyone have graphs that compare then or anything of that sort?

AS5 will PROBABLY cool 2-3 degrees better, but I would just keep using the Ceramique becuase 1) You have alot 2) I wouldnt want to waste 6 dollars on something that'll give such a small boost in performance and 3) Ceramique isnt capacative like AS5, so its a bit more "safe" But if you got the spare change and your temps are starting to bug ya, go with the AS5.

I always thought AS5 was best.. People told me it was

lol peopel told me it was

but ya they are about the same, saposeovly(cant spell that word) as5 is better for water cooling so says dtek, maybe thats jus casue it costs more and they are a water cooling site lol

I just did a test on AC5 and AC ceramique at work the other day. We build high end computers for defense contractors and therefore our machines must be able to run at high ambient temperatures. I did a test between these two compounds at 50 C ambient for 24 hours. I found that the ac5 will hold the temperature off or keep the cpu cooler for a longer period of time but eventiually they both level off around the same temp. At most there would be a 1-2 degree difference I believe some others have already told you that and they are absolutely correct. I say stick with the ceramique.

1. You already have it

2. It take 45 minutes to completely setup

3. If youre using an AMD chip it will not void your warranty :D

:P thanks again, good to hear some real results, but i already voided warrenty on that chip, it died, getting it back tomm or friday. You can always make up excuses to get another chip :P hehe i told them mine just went out while idling overnight :P hehe