I Just Started Folding

bryanteeuwen

hey guys i just download the folding program, and installed, its running something in cmd, how do i tell if its folding ?

yeah, my cpu usage is at 100% and my computer isnt running slow :) (2500+) so that means its working right ?

i just finished the first frame :)

cancer is gonna get pwnzed, no one aint dying on me anymore. :foldon::foldon::foldon:

Edited by bryanteeuwen

You will only appear on the stats page when you have completed a unit. Plus the stats page isn't updated that often so you may have to wait a bit after that as well. Check the stanford site as it is updated much more frequently (still have to complete a unit though).

okay sounds good :) , so far i have finished 4 frames of 400 and im working on protein 393!

now i have a question, is there by any chance, that the protein molecule we are folding could be a cancer causing one ?

im basically asking, could one of us be the savior and have figured out the lead cancer causing protein ?

not exactly. our computer are crunching numbers for these protiens, to figure out how the fold, work, etc. protiens are related to cancer because protien folding is what goes on when someone has cancer. by "folding" we can understand more of what goes on when someone has cancer, basically like research, and if it ever goes far enough, someone could find a cure. :)