Member List

suchuwato

when i look at the member list i always appear first - does the person who is logged in always appear first?

Not always... The name is of the person who last accessed the page, which is 98% of the time you. I asked this a while ago but the thread got wiped. Also if you didn't know, white names are folding or folding & seti members, green ones are seti members, red ones are staff, and orange is regular members.

I'm not sure that's the whole answer. Go there and refresh the page a few times, the names move all over the place.

Edit: now that I think of it, that would be evidence supporting what Dignan said. My bad.

Edited by Phil

Guest FxXP
I thought that, but when you do the refresh thing, it would seem otherwise.

It tracks the last person to log into the actual home page of the forum. So if you were reading a post and went back to the home page of the forums, that would be.... you. :)

Dignan has it right. It will show the last person who did anything on the site first, so when you look at it it will usually be yourself. In my time here i have seen only one time where i was second in line.

Dignan has it right. It will show the last person who did anything on the site first, so when you look at it it will usually be yourself. In my time here i have seen only one time where i was second in line.

Now that's making sense. If I'm understanding it, the reason the names jump all around in order when you refresh is because it reflects current posting activity for the whole site, right?